Wednesday, August 27, 2014

First Days

The first day back was busy, full of smiles, and fun! So much fun, in fact, that I didn't find the time to post until today...the second day of school. Mrs. Palmer and Mr. Jenks got the year off to a comedic start while introducing new faculty and students and the theme for the year: gratitude.

I have a lot to be thankful for, but I don't always take the time to let those around me know how much they mean. I plan on doing a better job of writing notes and telling people in person or on the phone when I have the chance. I sent my first notes yesterday and I  think it made me feel as good as the people I sent them to. A kind word or note can make all the difference in the quality of a day for me, so it would be nice to maybe turn a day around for someone else.

When you think about it, life is simply a long line of individual days, so we might as well make the most of them. As for the coming days of this school year, I can't wait for all of the learning and memories that will take place. It's going to be a good school-year!

No comments:

Post a Comment