Monday, August 26, 2013

Starting All Over Again

It's time for a new start in more ways than one. Today, was our last day at school without the most important part; kids! Soon, the buildings will be buzzing with the energy of students that have been the source of much of our energy for weeks, as we prepared for their arrival. On the second day of school, I celebrate my birthday! For  most of my 27 years, the beginning of school and tacking on another year of age have always coincided. It's always given me a sense of a fresh start, as if it's New Years. Now, is the time to dream big in terms of what the students can achieve, what the library offer, and how I can improve my own knowledge, impact, and love of life. Blogging at least one time a week about what has been going on in my library world is one of my goals for the coming year. I've never written much about myself, so it should be interesting to see how this goes. I look forward to the chance to reflect and grow from the ups and downs that will be recorded here.

With such high ambitions, the to-do list is long. Though, I've been whittling away at it, there is still much more to do. I've already met with Science, English, and Language teachers about research projects; some two months in advance (kudos to them). Tomorrow, I meet with Donna to discuss ideas for the coming year. As a group, we will be working on our scope and sequence in the coming year and I'm excited to map out exactly what we expect students to be able to do when they walk across the stage as seniors. Having set expectations for each grade throughout the school year, no matter the subject or teacher, will aid us  in having consistent expectations across the board and improve the overall understanding of the students due to practice and the backing of the teachers of all subjects and grades.

Well, that's all for now. On the agenda for tomorrow: welcome back our wonderful students, put together a book recommendation display and begin book review trailers. We'll see how many I can check off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment